Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Disconnected...

I think the different parts of my brain must be disconnected these days…
Here is one recent incident in a growing list of brain “malfunctions”:

My best girlfriend emailed me over the weekend and wanted me to come do a stamping party for her. What would any good friend do? Right, email her back. Well, I did not. I don’t know why I didn’t. I saw the email and read it, but it never “registered”. Maybe my 3 year old, as all proper 3 year olds will do, demanded my attention at that same split second I was reading the email and I just closed it without a second thought. Maybe my brain is disconnected. Maybe I’ve been trying to cram too much into it and it’s finally hit a stage of rebellion. Who knows? I’m probably just in denial that I’m getting older.

Anyway, I got a second email from my best girlfriend. She sent it to work this time. She knows I have to read my work email. As I started reading it, the bells started going off. Oh yeah. Christy emailed me and I never emailed back. Some friend I am. This time my brain stayed connected and I sent a reply. Fortunately, she’s a good friend and will forgive me one more time. What are friends for?

1 comment:

WNelWeb said...

Getting older beats all hell out of the alternative.
Love ya!
N.